Monday, April 12, 2010

So, So Much Monday!

Oh, Good Monday Morning my little ones! Yes, I always wake up early! Anyway ya'll are in for a treat! I have decided to show you some wonderful things, like my NEW room!! yea, I know ya'll are sooooo excited! I thought first ya'll would like to know how my room looks for Fall and Winter.

(sorry for the sideways ones) so this is how my room is for Fall and Winter, you can see I use colors that are very mute.  I also need to purchase 2 brown pillow shams because my beige ones that are not pictured got ruined in a load of darks in the washing machine!
       There are a couple of reasons why I change for the different seasons.  The first reason is I grow tired of the same old, same old.  Don't get me wrong I absolutely love this duvet cover and the dark iron and the mixture of brown, black, beige and burgundy, but during the summer months I like the lighter side of things.  The second reason I like to change it out is mainly on the bedding situation.  In Alabama the Spring, Summer, and even some of the Fall months are so HOT!! I like the heat and everything but the power bill is so high during these months and if I kept the down comforter around at night I'm sure I would die of a heat stroke. Last Spring I asked my mom if she would purchase me a quilt so I could cut down on the power bill and of course she did : ) .  I used a quilt and stuff last year and the colors were mauve and white.  I thought it was pretty but matching stuff with it became impossible and the style was not exactly my first choice but I dealt with it just fine. 
       We now forward to this year. My mom and I were shopping around trying harder than last year to pair the bedding with everything. Long story short, all decor I really liked just didn't match the pattern of the quilt........Mom's solution: BUY A NEW QUILT! I explained to her that I had a bet with some friends of how much I would spend on re-decorating my room for the season.  Mom's solution: Give her my old quilt because she wants to re-decorate my room at home.  If you take away the quilt situation then I have spent $ 61.87.  This is my room now!



So, some of this was my Easter present......but I'm still adding it to the amount I said above!  Mom and I thought of covering plain canvas's with material I like because I couldn't find anything for my walls, I also moved the light bordered mirror I had in the dining room to my room. My previous roommate left that behind (thanks Em!!) My mom made the night stand cover and the pillow on the bed.  When I get the time I'm using some of the material left over to go on a lamp that is on the night stand.  The chair to my desk I covered!! The part you lean on I am going to have to come up with a crafty way to cover because I can't use this material with my Fall and winter decor.  I got the curtains from T.J. Maxx for $7.99 a panel, yes, I lucked up!! I also got a WHITE BED SKIRT, I have been looking for a reasonably priced one and never found one last year, but this year I found one.  Mom and I found it at Wal-Mart of all places, and on clearance for $1.50. That price is not a typo.......I couldn't believe it!  The blue floating shelf, I got from my Mom, who was about to toss to Good Will.  The picture above is one of my favorites, I used left over material and covered the back of the frame and placed a pic of Mom and me when I was LITTLE!! It's absolutely our personalities beaming out of the captured moment and plus I love the beach! My Mom: holding me on a leash, making sure I don't run into the crashing waves (watching out for me) and me: TALKING and on a leash because I have such a high spirit and always wanting to just jump into the water head first! I promise I'm not leaving my good ol' Dad out, he has a picture on my desk, it's of us the day I graduated high school!
       All of the materials, canvas's,and picture frames were bought at Hobby Lobby and the quilt from T.J. MAXX! As far as home decor goes, I could live at T.J. Maxx, Hobby Lobby, and Kirklands. 


here are some pics of some dresses I want insanely bad for summer! you have no idea how much I love clothes and dressing up! I love high heels, dresses, purses, and jewelry! Fashion is my passion and I hate that I'm trying to change the way I look at material and thread and the way I purchase clothes. I know it's for the better and  everything but I just have such good taste and so many people out there don't! It's like a waste! Anyway MODCLOTH is a store online that I just love!!! I mean I want this girls job kinda love! The only bad thing about this site is that they sell out of a dress in about 3 days sometimes and the fact they don't tell you who designed the article of clothing so you can't look it up online, other than those 2 rants it's pretty awesome!! The one with carmine paisley salmon and white print dress, that also has the mandarin collar and a-line bottom with a few pleats............I could seriously love with all my heart......of course it's sold out, and I looked on the internet for 3 hours yesterday for it.....NO LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!


however I really am thinking of getting the smock navy blue dress with a plaid ribbon-ed button down collar. It's $52.00 and so calling my name to buy it from that warehouse with all those other gorgeous dresses. I really hope in life I have a job with Clinton on  "what not to wear." 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment