Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR


TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN NOR WRITTEN........

Let me start by saying I'm truly blessed with my life right now. I have a healthy family (as far as I know), I have caring/ supportive parents, amazing friends, a nice apartment, transportation to point A and B, I'm on the down slope as far as school goes and no major Crisis has happened to me lately............at least since moving. My life from every aspect looks good and don't get wrong, I'm thankful but what makes life GOOD to GREAT, like breathtaking moments of life. I keep looking for something I can't live without. I keep shopping for some item I can't stand NOT to have. I still haven't found what I'm looking for in life and I keep waiting and I have even been pro-active in the situation but I am still searching.



I found the song to be appropriate.........  But I keep wondering to myself, am I ever going to be satisfied and at peace with myself. I keep thinking there has got to be a bigger picture to my life, there just has to be. Right? When do these chains that keep holding me back finally break? From day to day I feel trapped, I feel like my life has already been planned out for me, I feel like everyday I'm held by the hands that control me under water and I'm just struggling and fighting with every once to come up for air. When does my life begin? I dread the day I have a 9 to 5 and life becomes so......imitated, so conventional, so like everyone else I know. Did anyone else not have parents that told them there is more to life that just getting married and have kids? Doesn't anyone have an aching, an appetite, a voice in themselves to reach out and just grab onto the next shooting star, to break the rules, to just go completely nuts one day.




On a different note, you like the Queen video? What a genius that Freddie Mercury was. He was interesting, slightly off, and looked good in women s clothing. I will always love Queen, two of my favorite songs is not the obvious, Bohemian Rhapsody or We are the Champions but Under Pressure ( David Bowie collaborated on the song as well) and Somebody to Love!!! 





I just love Mercury's voice, his stage presence, his passion.

1 comment:

  1. I often find myself wondering if I'll ever be at peace too. It's definitely one of those questions that has caused many a sleepless night.

    ReplyDelete