Monday, August 16, 2010

Takin it Easy

                                                                                The Eagles


     I have always been a fan of "The Eagles" My parents have always been fans, I can remember riding in the car as a kid with my Mom as she would groove to the sounds.
    There was a time between Ole Miss and Alabama where I was talking to a boy that I went to High School with and played tennis with. He got a tennis scholarship to Austin Peay in Tennessee, I actually rode with his mother once to see him play and drove up there a couple of times to spend the weekend with him. My love for the Eagles grew a lot during this time because he was a huge fan of them and of Bob Marley. Our song was "Taking it easy." I literally know every word to that song and can sing it without any help. When I babysit my bosses daughter, I always sing this song to her when she cries and after a few lines, she calms down. I literally cannot hear this song and not think of him and the awesome times we shared. I laughed so much around this particular boy and we had so much in common. In the end,  it didn't really work out between us because he soon got a job being a tennis pro at a country club in Miami and I have a.......lets say a STRONG personality! We still randomly talk to each other, we always call each other when something in life reminds us of the other person or just a silly moment we remembered about each other. He has been a great friend over the years and I will always thank him for really finding my passion for The Eagles.
     




I also had a time when I first got to Alabama and a boy that I met and dated for quite a while was really into The Eagles and he would play "Peaceful, Easy, Feeling" to me. We shared a really rocky relationship but it was educational. I have said in the past that I can hear certain songs and memories flash before me, this is no different but In this particular case I'm happy to say those memories are still there but not the feelings I once felt when I heard this song.



I now am thinking back to all my favorite artists and realizing it was mainly guys that introduced me to them and guys I rarely talk to anymore. In a way, the quote is true, "Some people enter our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime."

The Eagles have won many awards, world renown, and an overall epic sensation, needless to say I don't care what awards they have received, I do care about the way I feel when I hear one of their songs. This is one of my personal favorites!



I also love this one, When I was a PI PHI, I helped design a t-shirt for a fraternity swap, the theme was Angels and Devils. PI PHI is associated with Angels so clearly we dressed up as angels and the boys were devils. The t-shirt had lyrics from The Eagle's song "One of these nights."

I've been searching for the daughter
Of the devil himself
I've been searching for an angel in white
I've been waiting for a woman who's a little
Of both
And I can feel her but she's nowhere
In sight

I have so much history with this band, it's astounding!

On another note, I'm sooooo happy with life right now! I am so blessed for the friends I have and the people I am meeting and spending time with right now. I have had the best time over the past couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment