Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Man, A Legend, The Immortal

Where do I even begin to describe this man's talent? Eric Clapton has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame THREE times, his style is blues with rock and every other kind of genre that makes music not just good but jaw dropping incredible. This man is nothing less than a legend in all of the books! I love him for his creativity and humble approach to who he is. Clapton doesn't have to brag because he lets his playing do all the talking.

Clapton has been apart of The Yard birds, Cream, and has played solo. There are only a few solo artists that I can say don't need a band because their talent over shadows the rest

Here is the ULTIMATE song Layla



If you don't just love Layla, you need to seriously need to get yourself checked out, its beautifully written and performed. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, just don't express your dislikes for the man in front of me! He has gone through many, many relationships and lost a child, he found out later in life that his older sister was actually his mother and whom he thought were his parents were actually his grandparents.......Needless to say this man has a LOT to write about.

Here is another of my favorites Sunshine of your Love



This particular song was written the same night Clapton attended a Jimi Hendrix concert. Yep, it's fascinating how much music knowledge I know.

I have decided in life there should always be background music, somehow God needs to create that, everyone would walk around and you wouldn't even have to ask how their day is, you could just tell by the music that is playing......how AWESOME would that be?

Anyway hope everyone is having a fabulous day, I certainly am now after my nap, I was up past my bedtime last night.....I have a good excuse though! I bet your wondering how the date went......I will tell you in time my lovelies! I'm still working on the apartment but I absolutely cannot wait to post some pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment