Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Looking Forward

       Okay, a lot is changing and it's all at once! One of my best friends is about to be induced for labor later tonight and one my dear pledge sister's is getting married in July, were having her "Last fling before the Ring" in just a couple of weeks! I have one friend moving away from Tuscaloosa and she is going to travel for 4 months solid and then take permanent residency in Birmingham, where her father found her a job that is right up her alley! I am so jealous of my friend and her adventure. My friend H.D.M will travel to France, Greece and India, how exciting!!


          I am also making a few changes in my life and how I want to live out my life. Timing and relationships have not been lining up in skies for me at all.  I am the type of person who is a people pleaser to an extent and it's time that I think of myself and my own happiness.  I have always been the person with a million things to do and so spread out, but I wouldn't have it any other way! So this summer I have decided to become a BIG SISTER! from the Big Brother/Big Sister Program.  I got my background check approved (yea, sweated that one out! hehehe!!) and my application was approved as well and I was given two little girls! I start next week!! How Awesome?
       I have a spot in my heart to teach/mentor.  The way the world is now and the way kids are growing up in this society is heartbreaking.  There are so many children that are in need of someone just to love them.  I have volunteered at the YMCA for after school mentoring before and in some ways it was a blessing and in others it was dreadful! Let's just say for them to pair me up with 6 foot 3 sixteen year olds was not exactly the best thing in the world..........I believe they taught me more than I could have taught them especially slang words, that I would have to look up on Urban Dictionary!
         I believe this experience will be more beneficial to me than them but If you want to change the world then you may just have to do it one person at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment