Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Savy Staples of Summer 2010!

It's not a secret that I absolutely love clothes! I am trying so hard to let this little obsession go but I feel like it's going to be a slow process, but Mom I'm trying!! I have been shopping a lot more lately and by shopping I really mean to say browsing. Here are just a few trends I'm liking or questioning!

The first trend is "The Boyfriend Shorts"

The Boyfriend shorts are making way just how the boyfriend jeans moved through the store and into your closets! I absolutely love this trend because I am not one to flaunt my booty through the streets and with the slouchy and longer look of these shorts they are extremely comfortable.  I have paired mine with some gladiator style high heels and a men's Hane's white v-necked t-shirt with a boyfriend blazer and a long necklace to add a feminine touch.  I next want to try on a flirty top and hooped earring!
the next staple is "The Maxi Dress"

This trend actually started 2 springs ago but is still going strong! Now I don't love all maxi dresses because most are not flattering for us shorter athletic gals.  I absolutely am annoyed with the dresses that have huge prints on them because they do nothing but make you appear larger than you are.  I am not a fan of the strapless dresses either, if you have a larger chest I would definitely stay away from strapless largely printed maxi dresses.  I have found it extremely hard to find a flattering maxi dress but these are a few that are pretty and for me......flattering!


The next trend is "The Fedora Hat"

This trend is something I have not purchased yet but I can see myself wearing the fedora with the boyfriend shorts.  I have always been a hat fan, I think it's a way to add something to your look and it's also a way to hide your bad hair day!
 
next is "The Romper"

Oh the romper.  The romper is something your going to love or hate.  I love the look of the romper on skinny long legged girls, but I hate the romper on short legged, long torso type chicks.  I unfortunately have a Kim Kardashian type behind, short legs, long torso and small waist and wide shoulders.  The romper is not my friend! After trying on many, many, MANY rompers I had decided that this trend is not for me.  I then went browsing in Belk the other day and I think I have found one! I haven't bought it, but i plan on letting my mom see it on me before I purchase it. There are two rules I have when buying clothes: 1. It must be flattering to my fit.  2. it must be on sale!
Happy shopping ladies, and remember Memorial Day SALES are just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment