Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy 4th!

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy and safe 4th of July weekend! After many many changes in my plans, I decided to opt for a low key weekend. I will be playing tennis in a member's only tournament at IHCC (I got invited), laying out pool side, and maybe cooking out.

I hope everyone has been watching Wimbledon! It has definitely gotten me into the tennis spirit! I can't help but think back many many moons ago I had my parents shuffling me back and forth from tennis tournaments, lessons and camps all Summer long! I would play at noon with the heat index of 110 degrees on the court and love every minute of it. I can actually remember playing a match and the game going on beside me had to take a medical break because someone needed an I.V.




I was never the player with the pretty shots (except for my backhand....beware!) but I got the job done. I would have my good days and bad days, I couldn't stand for people to watch me play, I have always been like that though. I never wanted an audience until the last few points were being played. I can remember if I were doing bad and I could feel my frustrations coming on, I would look up at my Mom or Dad and "shoo" them away. There were times however I would be "in the Zone" and never notice another human being besides my opponent, those were the best!

I miss everything about it, but most of all, I miss the feeling of playing my heart out, It's been a while since I put my blood, sweat and tears into something and not expecting a big result, except personal satisfaction. That kind of feeling is irreplaceable!

No comments:

Post a Comment