Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A reason why Southern Girls will never see a Therapist

I bet your so intrigued aren't you? Oh, Kiddo's gather around and let me explain!

      For most of us girls, it's no secret we talk about EVERYTHING! We talk about our annoying co-workers, our nagging boyfriends, the latest beauty product to promise shiny voluminous hair and lose fifteen pounds overnight and occasionally we have time to talk about what is really going on in our lives. You know the stuff I'm talking about, the real reason's your staying in "that" relationship, the thoughts behind wanting a job change, and the times your scared of  making life changing decisions. Yes, us girls in the south eastern region of the country do not have to lie on a couch and  pay some stranger to ask us personal questions, we have our mother's and best friends doing that everyday for free!
      I think back to times over the past eight to ten years and realize it was "therapeutic conversations" that started my friendships or made them stronger. There is something about having a fight with your boyfriend, an argument with a another friend, or just experiencing a horrible day that makes us crawl on all fours to our friends (give them tomorrow's juicy gossip to mutual friends) for a "therapy session" with a bottle of wine on a porch and watch the sunset while talking out life's problem's.  I think about it and laugh, but if I had to lie on a couch and tell a complete stranger my life's problems along with my circle of friends I would be wearing a white jacket all year long with shiny buckles and locks! Since I am a southern girl, wearing all white is just not acceptable after Labor Day and before Easter, luckily everyone living below the Mason/Dixon line is also just as crazy as you . 
     I also am a fan of "Retail Therapy!" Again, scooping up your best friend for a day of shopping is great. Something about buying a new dress or new stiletto's to enhance your outer appearance just makes you want the inside to match too.  Also, since your peeling off layers of clothes to try on new ones it really makes you strip down some layers you really hide behind.

 Since it is Wine Wednesday, Cheers to you and your best girlfriends!

On a different note, I haven't included you on my recent shopping purchases!


 And what is so bad is my mom has bought 95% of what was shown above! Even worse, I didn't take pictures of the other stuff she has bought me! Is there any kind of award I can sign my mom up for, I'm thinking something on the lines of "The Emmy's, The Golden Globes, and "The Oscar's" all rolled into one!

 *Side Note: I haven't been good at all about "not buying" things I don't just ultimately need. I don't know what has gotten into me lately but It NEEDS to STOP!!! I was doing so good, then like the drop of a hat, I crashed........ALERT ALERT, we just hit code red, "am I revisiting retail therapy sessions?" the answer is, YES!

I do have a lot on my mind, and it looks like were back to square one.
      There is always a waiting game in life and I'm tired of playing. Why should I WAIT for the good, why should I wish my life away for "the better" to happen. These are suppose to be the years I cherish the most, and yet I'm wishing them away! I can't turn back the hands of time. This is the time in my life I CAN be  selfish, and I'm wishing it away. Again, why should I put my happiness aside, I did this once before and while I don't regret the lessons I learned, I did regret the time it took me to learn the lessons!................ No thanks, not anymore! Hello backbone, it's been a while, nice to see you too!!! 

Yep, I had my own much needed intervention/ "Therapeutic conversation" with my best girl. Sometimes it takes a perspective from the outside to see what you don't. Other times, it takes someone who "knows the real you" to kindly slap the sense back into you! See, with my group of girls, it seems we have no problem telling each other when we are screwing up our lives, dating the wrong person, or go off track in life for a bit. See, who needs a therapist, right?

Anyway, my boss and her daughter that I sit for have been gone on vacation, and I actually miss that bundle of crying, teething, temperament of a  baby ? I know I will regret saying that statement but it's true, I can't wait till next week to see her precious little self goo-gooing and gah-gahing and drooling all over the place!


I promise she can smile! I just think she was confused by the camera!hahaha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment