Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sometimes you don't need titles

Okay, so ya'll are use to me writing about music. Today I will write about movies, actually one movie in particular.
500 DAYS OF SUMMER

I saw this movie a while back and instantly fell in love with it. It's one of those movies I want to own, like today! This film holds so much truth to break ups and falling in love, and essentially out of love. It's such a masterpiece of indie culture.



This movie has so many good quotes it's unreal!! This movie is not a love story.........it's better because it's real story. (okay a real story for a movie, hahaha)

Summer: I woke up one morning and I just knew.
Tom: Knew what?
Summer: What I was never sure of with you.

Narrator: Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin, and they end, with no lasting memories made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life

 Paul: Robin is better than the girl of my dreams. She's real.

 Narrator: As he listened, Tom began to realize that these stories weren't routinely told. These were stories one had to earn. He could feel the wall coming down. He wondered if anyone else had made it this far. Which is why the next six words changed everything.
Summer: I've never told anybody that before.
Tom: I guess I'm not just anybody.

I have 2 favorite scenes in the movie.
    The first is when Summer and Tom are shopping and they are running through the store and they are playing house  in their own little world. I love it for the pure fact that it imitates what real love it. Love is sporadic and crazy and between two people. Nobody else shopping could understand what these two lunatics are doing but Summer and Tom knew, because it was something that was just between them.
    The second scene is where Tom draws on Summers arm, he is teaching her something he is passionate about  and doesn't mind being himself. It is remarkably intimate.

    I've always felt if you try to be romantic then your not a true romantic. Sometimes the most simplest gestures can mean so much more to me than sending flowers, or a nice dinner. I hate it when going out to dinner and a movie is a date......shouldn't it really be about what the two of you want to do. I don't know, I'm a little different than most girls. I would much rather go to a game and cheer on your favorite team than to a movie where we can't even talk. I would much rather go to a record store and check out our favorite music and reminisce of different times in our lives. I literally cringe when I hear  the words from a guy "I want to take you to a nice dinner." I know its pretty dumb, but I would love a mixed cd, it takes more effort on the other person than picking up some flowers from the florist. I get annoyed if the boy has to ask your what your favorite things are........it's called listening to me when I talk. I talk a LOT!!!

anyway that is my two cents for the day, and I strongly urge everyone to see this movie!!! love ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment